Conditioning has now become a part and parcel of washing your hair. Lather, rinse and repeat. But did you know, that if you condition your hair long enough or deep enough, your hair becomes so much softer, silkier and less likely to tangle? Try these homemade natural conditioners for your hair and feel the difference!
You wake up in the morning and begin your beauty ritual – your wash your face, brush your teeth, bathe and apply your makeup. The final step? Combing your hair. You begin to brush gently until you hit the tangles and then, it is war. You struggle in vain with the knots, and as you brush harder the frizz of your hair builds up until you throw away your brush in anger, bundle your hair up and leave.
Why does your hair give you so much trouble? Well, we just might have the solution to that- these 5 natural homemade conditioners. So treat yourself to a natural conditioner for hair, all from the comfort of your home.
1. Upgrade Your Conditioner with natural oils – This homemade leave-in conditioner takes the best of both worlds – natural ingredients and your conditioner.
- Take your existing conditioner and add a very small amount to a spray-on bottle.
- Now pour oil (jojoba, almond or coconut) into the bottle, making sure it is double the amount of the conditioner.
- Add a few drops of your favourite essential oils and fill the bottle up with filtered water.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Conditioner – If you haven’t heard of apple cider vinegar, we’re here to tell you about it! This product is known for clearing acne, speeding up digestion, weight loss and other amazing benefits. It is also, coincidentally, a fantastic homemade hair conditioner.
- All you need to do is mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water in a large glass and rinse your hair with it after shampooing it.
- After this, put a little conditioner in your hair and wash it out to get rid of the smell.
3. Hair Conditioner to Fight Dandruff and Itchiness – Got an itchy scalp that flakes off and makes you uncomfortable all day? Then this leave in conditioner is for you!
1) Ingredients required:
- 1 cup of purified / distilled water
- ½ cup of Aloe Vera juice
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 5 Vitamin E tablets
- 20 drops of two essential oils
- ½ a can of coconut milk.
2) Mix them all together and pour it in a spray bottle.
3) Shake it before using it.
4. Coconut Oil and Honey – This conditioner is one of the best remedies for those stray, grey hairs. Honey helps in moisturising any rough strands of hair and coconut oil nourishes the hair, compensating for any keratin loss.
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of pure coconut oil.
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Mix the ingredients in a glass bowl and heat it by placing it in a dish of warm water.
- Wet your hair and apply the mix thoroughly.
- Cover hair with a shower cap, wait for half an hour and then rinse thoroughly.
5. Banana, Honey and Olive Oil – Are you looking for a conditioner that will make your hair straighter? This might just do the trick! Banana minimizes the shrinkage of hair and the olive oil penetrates deeply into the root to moisturise it.
- Take 1 ripe banana, 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Blend them together in a mixer.
- Apply it thoroughly and cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Rinse off thoroughly with water (particularly the banana) and wash your hair with shampoo.
So there you have it! Try any of these 5 homemade conditioners and get ready for smooth and shiny hair!