Break Bad Beauty Habits
Prevention is better than cure. Your dry hair, unhealthy skin, fragile nails could be because of your practicing bad beauty habits. You will find in this article most observed bad beauty practices. Break these bad beauty habits and see yourself the big change in your looks.
1. Not Removing Your Makeup: This is perhaps the number one bad beauty habit.
(i) Before sleeping: Cleanse all traces of makeup, oil and grime before bedtime to keep your face skin flawless and complexion clear. Pores that are left clogged while you sleep cause flaring up of rashes, pimples and skin allergies.
(ii) Before you work out: Wash your face before you start doing any exercise, whether at home or at gym. Makeup blocks pores and prevents sweat from escaping resulting into pimples.
2. Popping Pimples: This is an other most seen bad beauty habit. Do not ever try to remove your blackheads, whiteheads or pimples with your nails or fingers. Doing so can cause scarring, and moreover the oil / grime from your fingers can also lead to more acne.
3. Touching your face: Try to avoid touching your face with dirty hands, especially if you play with your hair a lot. When you touch your face with hands, you transfer whatever is on your hands onto your face, like oil and grime which can cause blemishes and aggravate your acne problems. This is again a bad beauty practice which most women are seen to indulge in.
4. Bad Hair Combing Habits:
(i) Never try to untangle your hair by using a hair brush, as it leads to hair breakage. Use wide toothed comb instead.
(ii) A common bad beauty habit is combing wet hair. As at this time hair roots are loose and at its most vulnerable stage. It increases your hair loss.
(iii) Another most observed bad beauty habit is sleeping at night without combing your hair. The natural oils sitting on your scalp do not reach evenly throughout your hair, if you do not comb your hair before sleeping at night.
5. Over-heating your hair: Blow drying, straightening, and curling your hair damage your hair follicles. You may not be able to see it immediately. The damage to your hair adds up over time, eating away your hair shine and weakening the strands. Consider using a heat-protecting product while subjecting your hair to heat. You can also use a deep conditioning treatment once a week to give your moisture deprived hair follicles some of their essential nutrients back.
6. Washing your hair every day: Do not wash your hair every day unless they are super-super oily. Washing daily dries out your hair.
7. Insufficient Rinsing: A very common cause of dull hair is insufficient rinsing.
8. Putting Rubber bands in your hair: Do not use uncovered elastic band, repeatedly twisted around your hair. It not only cuts into the hair shaft, but removing it will also break some of your hair.
9. Over plucking your eyebrows: Avoid getting into the bad beauty habit of over plucking your eye brows. Over plucking makes you look older. Moreover plucking gradually weakens your brows hair to a stage where, sometimes, they will not grow back. Get your brows shaped by a professional and then maintain it yourself.
10. Tanning: The habit of exposing yourself to the midday sun is a bad beauty habit. Better is to sunbathe in early evenings when the sun-rays are not very harsh. On the other hand the sun rays provide you with Vitamin D which is essential for your skin; therefore you need to maintain a balance in exposing yourself to sun.
11. Shaving: When you shave, the hairs that regrow are thicker and coarser, because the hair is cut-off mid shaft instead of from the root.
12. Using Dirty Makeup Brushes: Try to clean your makeup brushes regularly with the help of a mild shampoo and let them air dry. This will keep your makeup brushes free from dirt and bacteria.
13. Not Flossing Your Teeth: It is not only needed to stop building of plaque on your teeth, but also good for your heart. A recent study has shown a link between the bacteria that causes plaque on the teeth and the plaque that forms in the arteries of the heart.
14. Biting your nails: Not does only it gives a shabby look to your nails, but also can ruin your nail beds, leaving them vulnerable to untidy cuticles and hangnails.
Break above bad beauty habits to look beautiful and stunning.