Every morning you try to disguise those dark circles under your eyes before going to work.
It’s a daily struggle since you are sick of people telling you that you look exhausted. You get enough sleep and you drink lots of water but those dark circles still cause stares and make you look much older than you really are.
Could that be the story of your life?
In recent years, the drumbeat against under-eye circles has grown much louder. It is estimated that roughly 53% of women cite under-eye circles puffiness as their number 1 beauty concern. There are a lot of factors that contribute to “eye bags”. It’s a combination of heredity and genetics, fatigue and dehydration, but the most likely culprit causing chronic dark circles is excess skin pigmentation. That is to say sun exposure increases dark circles appearance.
Also, dark circles are related to dilated blood vessels and aging – which causes skin to thin and can darken the area. Unfortunately, to erase them completely is not possible. However, you can minimize their effects by knowing their causes, finding good solutions and choosing the right products.
Reward Me now shares 8 ultimate solutions that allow you to face the issue head on instead of sweeping it under the rug.
Check them out!
1) First of all, protection: If you were born with dark circles, the aim is not to completely get rid of them, but to avoid them getting worse with time. An SPF 30 protection on the eye contour area is mandatory no matter what the weather is like. If you go to the beach, increase that SPF to 50 minimum as sun makes the dark circles even darker.
2) Change your diet: Excessive puffiness creates a half-moon shadow that totally looks like dark circles. To avoid the puffy effect, cut down the consumption of very salty food and industrialized products – that cause liquid retention.
3) Don’t rub your eyes: Rubbing makes the pigmentation darker!
4) Sleep with a support: Twice a week try to sleep with two pillows under your head, in order to allow the fluids to drain easily. If you sleep without a pillow at all, fluids could build up in the eye area.
5) Ring finger: When applying concealer or cream under your eyes, use the ring finger as it is the weakest finger. By doing this, you won’t risk causing micro traumas.
6) Eye brightening serum: Olay White Radiance Advanced Fairness Eye Serum contains the ingredient Niacinamide which prevents skin from losing water content, as well as stimulates circulation in the skin. It also reduces skin discolorations and redness. Apply twice a day on the skin around your eyes until fully absorbed.
7) Tea bags: After drinking chamomile tea, don’t throw the tea bags away. Put them in the refrigerator to chill and then place them over your eyes for 10 minutes three times a week. They are a great remedy for fighting tiredness.
8) Freeze a spoon: Rinse two spoons and put them in the freezer during the night. In the morning, right after you wake up, place the curved side of the spoons on your eyes. Leave them on for 10 minutes.