For centuries, men have been searching for ways to enhance their sex life. Aphrodisiacs are substances that help stimulate arousal. The word aphrodisiac is derived from the name of the Greek goddess Aphrodite, the goddess of love and sexual desire. Both herbal and other kinds of materials are used as aphrodisiacs for men. Men are keen on trying different foods, drinks, and herbal and chemical drugs in order to stimulate arousal, treat sexual dysfunction, and make their sex life more pleasurable.
Here is a list of the five best aphrodisiacs for men:
1. Chocolate: Pure chocolate is considered the king of natural aphrodisiacs for men. Chocolate contains certain “feel-good” chemicals. It releases serotonin in the brain, a chemical that aids in relaxation. Chocolate contains a psycho-stimulant, phenylethylamine, that is responsible for the feeling of pleasure and excitement, similar to the natural high provided by endorphins (which are considered responsible for enhancing sexual desire in men).
2. Yohimbine: Yohimbine is one of the most popular herbal and natural aphrodisiacs for men. It is a monoamine ocidase (MAO) alkaloid collected from the bark of the yohimbe tree. It blocks the adrenergic receptors in our body. Yohimbine can increase genital blood flow and help increase arousal in some men. The FDA has approved the pharmaceutical preparation of yohimbine as a drug for the treatment of impotency. However, yohimbine is known to have various side effects.
3. Arginine: Arginine is an amino acid found in foods like nuts, cheese, eggs, meat, etc. It is responsible for the synthesis of nitric oxide (NO) in our body, which helps with penile erection. Nitric Oxide increases blood flow to the penis and promotes frequent arousal and a longer lasting erection.
4. Viagra: Viagra is a synthetic aphrodisiac for men. Pfizer, a pharmaceutical company, first developed and marketed this drug. Viagra is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men. Truly speaking, viagra cannot be considered an aphrodisiac for men because it requires sexual stimulation to cause erection.
5. Muira Puama: Among other natural aphrodisiacs for men, it is considered a very potent herbal aphrodisiac derived from a shrub native to Brazil. It is a nerve stimulant that enhances sexual function.